Tuesday, January 15, 2013

New Hop Grower

This year, for the first time, I will be joining the illustrious ranks of hop growing home brewers.  I just pre-ordered my rhizomes from Adventures in Homebrewing and I am incredibly excited.  They won't be shipping out the rhizomes until April and I just can't wait.  I ordered rhizomes for three varieties: Centennial, Cascade and Willamette.  Of the three Centennial is the only hop I haven't used all that much in my brewing.  I hope to change that after the harvest by brewing a wet hopped IPA that uses all three varieties.  Stay tuned because I'll be posting more updates on the hop growing starting when I receive the rhizomes in the mail which should be in mid-April.  Until then I'll be covering many other beer and brewing related topics.

My next post should be a detailed report of my experience at my BJCP tasting exam on Saturday Jan. 19.  I'm incredibly excited and nervous about this exam.  Throughout my life, for any given exam, I never feel like I've prepared enough, but there's not much I can do with so little except study the guidelines, so I will just have to have faith in my palate.  I will report my experience for everyone to learn from.

No comments:

Post a Comment