Sunday, January 27, 2013

Early Morning Brew Day

Well, it's 5:25 am as I start heating my strike water for my first brew day in over two weeks. Being on 12 hour night shifts makes it hard to find time to brew, but I have resolved to make time. That, I think, is the essence of passion not just for brewing but for anything. Making time to brew that you really don't have speaks volumes about one's dedication to brewing. I really should be waiting until I get an actual day off, but this can't wait any longer. If I am to brew this American stout with enough time for it to condition properly to be ready for the National Homebrew Competition it needs to be done before January is over and now is as good a time as any. Accompanying my brew day is a fantastic Imperial Red Ale from Oskar Blues called G'Knight in honor of their dearly departed Gordon Knight. I never knew Mr. Knight, but it is my hope that I can bring his apparent passion for finely crafted beer into my brewing and this brew day is dedicated to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment